Gone are the days when legal services would cost a business thousands of dollars a year to maintain. Today, these same services are available for a fraction of the price – with far more flexibility and the convenience of online processing. Online legal service providers offer even small businesses the ability to fulfill their legal requirements, maintain compliance, and file important documents in a timely fashion, all while staying within budget.From membership-based services to one-on-one professional attorney networks, there is plenty of competition in this industry. Small businesses that want to save on legal fees often find solace in these online legal service providers. To do the same, make sure that the service you signi up with is reliable. Look for a company that offers the services you need, is competitively priced, has efficient processing times, and offers substantial legal educational resources.If that’s too tall an order, then check out our recommendations for the best online legal service providers in 2020.
- PriceFormation packages start at $129 + state fees
- Refund policy100% refundable (minus expenses)
- Signup processSimply select a plan, your state, and your entity type
ZenBusiness makes starting a business simple and straightforward – by providing superior products, services, and support every step of the way. This service uses technology and automated processes to provide entrepreneurs with a fast, low-cost way to form and manage businesses. Over 50,000 new companies have already trusted ZenBusiness for formation in 2020.
Its all-in-one platform keeps legal documents, such as EINs and Operating Agreement templates, easily accessible and all in one place. As an added benefit, all ZenBusiness plans include their Registered Agent Service, which satisfies all legal requirements set by your state.
All of this, along with their 100% Accuracy Guarantee, is why ZenBusiness is a standout choice for business formation. We trust they’ll help you get your business up and running in no time.
- Live chat support
- 100% accuracy guarantee
- Rush & expedited filing options
- Upfront pricing with no hidden fees
- No cancellation once submitted to state
- Lack of nonprofit filing options
- Price$0No hidden fees
- Refund policy$30 cancellation fee
- Signup processChoose formation type and state
Incfile was named in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 360 Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America this year, and it lives up to expectations. The $0 + state fees starting point is a super bonus, but the pros far exceed this low price point. Whether you’re forming an LLC, an S-corporation, another kind of corporation or a nonprofit, Incfile has got you completely covered. All plans include name verification, articles filing, 1-year of free Registered Agent Service, online order tracking, and a free business tax consultation. What’s more, there’s next business day processing and a lifetime customer support promise – along with lifetime alerts, so you’ll never need to wonder how, when, or where you need to file something.
If you’re just starting your new business journey, Incfile has business checklists for every step along the way, including business license requirements and startup guides. The service is completely transparent and you’ll always know what’s going on, what’s due when, and what to expect next.
- Online access to documents
- Lifetime alerts and customer support
- Attractive pricing
- Additional features require additional fees
- Less informative for established businesses
- PriceStarting at $49
- Refund policy100% satisfaction guarantee
- Signup processSelect a plan, pay, and go
Swyft Filings is a major legal services firm that provides a wide range of legal services for considerably less than it would cost to hire a lawyer. Even their basic plan, which is available for $49, affords you several legal services, including preparation of articles of organization, document filing with the secretary of state, free statement of the organizer, online access to your incorporation documents, and lifetime customer support via phone or email.
You’ll also get 30 minutes of free business tax consultation with a lawyer and ComplianceGuard company alerts. This is an incredible array of services that would cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars if you went through traditional legal channels. More advanced plans come with even more services, including obtaining your federal tax ID number – along with custom LLC operating agreements, custom banking resolutions, electronic delivery of state documents, customized digital corporate kit, and free business website and web hosting plans.
- Expedited services available
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Form a corporation or LLC for less than $50
- Registered Agent Services not included in LLC formation plan
- Only around since 2012
- PriceFREE LLC FORMATION (a la carte options)
- Refund policy100% Refund guarantee (minus fees)
- Signup processSelect your state, entity type, additional services and file online
Here’s something you probably didn’t expect from a legal services provider – Inc Authority will help you set up your limited liability company or corporation completely free. You read that right; Inc Authority offers this service free of charge. It comes complete with a 5-point name check, preparation and filing of all entity formation documents, Registered Agent Service for the entire first year of your business, digital storage that’s secure and accessible for all your startup documents, digital delivery, business checking accounts, S-corp election form (form 2553) preparation and filing with the IRS, INC CARE customer support via email or phone, tax planning consultation, and business funding analysis.
Too good to be true? It’s the real deal. Inc Authority provides you with these services as a good-faith gesture. Of course, there are other services available for pay. Things like complete operating agreements and bylaws, record book and company seal, initial meeting minutes and resolutions, ownership certificates, IRS tax ID number (EIN), tax consultation, business license report, website domains, business credit coach, and Dun & Bradstreet registration are some of the services you can avail yourself of a paid plan.
- Totally Free LLC & Corporation Formation
- One year of Registered Agent Services FREE
- A la Carte upgrade options
- Customers must call for expedited filing times/pricing
- Isn't available for international companies
- PriceStarting at $99
- Refund policyN/A
- Signup processFill in your info and choose a plan
Need help with some legal document filing? Or maybe you’re still in the planning stages of your company formation and need to understand the different types of corporations and their benefits. Wherever you are in the process, one company can help you with all of it: MyCorporation. MyCorporation has legal services to fit every business need- from starting a corporation and all that goes with it, such as articles of incorporation, bylaws, sample minutes, and stock certificates to simpler tasks like checking the availability of a business name, MyCorporation is there for you.
MyCorporation also has some uniquely helpful business features. For example, you’ll appreciate the large vault document storage for storing sensitive documents securely online – in addition to the annual reporting for business locations, current contact information, and business activities. Auto-renewal makes these tedious but important tasks a headache of the past. Discover all that MyCorporation can do for your emerging business today, and finally start focusing on the things that really matter to your emerging business.
- 20+ years of experience with 1M+ customers
- Insightful advice for new and newly forming businesses
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Basic Plan leaves much to be desired
- No Registered Agent Services with Basic Plan
- PriceStarting at $39.99per month
- Refund policy7-day free trial
- Signup processCreate legal docs and get advice
Rocket Lawyer adds a modern day spin to legal services. Rocket Lawyer gives those businesses that are dazed and confused by legal matters an easy to use, well-explained, and comprehensive system for meeting all of their legal requirements on their own. Whether you need to draft legal contracts, start a limited liability company, incorporate your business, or draft legally-binding business contracts like non-disclosure agreements or release of liability forms, Rocket Lawyer makes it just as easy as everything else you do online.
And best of all, since you’re doing things on your own, there are two primary benefits: first, you get your documents instantly. As soon as you fill out the information, your documents are prepared on the spot and are available for immediate download, sharing, and/or printing. That’s sensational turnaround timing. Second, you will pay hundreds of dollars less for your overall services because you’re doing away with traditional legal fees. It’s a new age for business legal filings, so get in touch with Rocket Lawyer today and see how easy legal services can be for modern-day business owners like you.
- Document Defense connects you to legal protection
- On-call attorneys for fast, reliable answers
- Instant legal document creation
- Do-it-yourself legal document filing
- No background information on lawyers available
Northwest Registered Agent
- Refund policy100% refundable (minus expenses)
- Signup processSelect entity type and your state, and fill out the form
Northwest Registered Agent bypasses the annoying, and boasts corporate guides, privacy and data security with zero jargon. The aim is to make business matters simple for everyone, including business founders abroad who want to file for US-based businesses. It’s here to help you fill in the gaps and get your business rolling without anything, especially paperwork, tripping you up. It’s a suitable partner for both new and existing businesses for things like annual reporting and company formation for LLCs, corporations and nonprofits. If you use Northwest to register your business, you’ll get free Registered Agent Service for the first year. Each service offered is priced separately, so there are no subscription plans, and you’ll never pay for services you don’t need.
You’ll also find great customer service for both American residents and business owners abroad who want to open US LLCs. Customer service agents are easy to reach by phone or email, and the response time is less than 24 hours.
- Form a company and get 1 year of Registered Agent Service free
- Strong customer service from in-house team of professionals
- A small business that gets small businesses
- No support for sole proprietorships or partnerships
- Lack of customer reviews (e.g., no Trustpilot reviews)
- PriceStarting at $40
- Refund policy30-day money-back guarantee and 7-day free trial
- Signup processPrepare articles with legal specialist
Legal Nature is the go-to source for fast, reliable, and easy legal services of all kinds. From limited liability companies and corporation formation to individual services like last will and testaments, bills of sale, and even advance healthcare directives, Legal Nature completes the entire formation process, preparing documents, communicating with the state of your choice, and filing the order for you. The service is mobile-friendly, has a great user-centered dashboard, and works with multiple companies without boundaries.
Legal Nature has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t happy with the services you received, you’ll get a refund, no questions asked. What’s even more impressive is that Legal Nature offers a 7-day free trial. You can use their services completely free for an entire week. This is an incredibly generous offer you won’t find with other legal service providers.
- State filing times and fees calculated for you
- 7-day free trial
- A+ BBB rating for safe and secure services
- Not a lot of free legal advice available
- No 24/7 customer support
- PriceStarting at $99
- Refund policyN/A
- Signup processDescribe your case and get matched with an attorney
There are plenty of legal service providers out there that will help you with LLC formation, legal document filing, and business-name checking. Nolo, however, takes things one step further by pairing you up with the right legal professional for your needs. You’ll start by explaining your specific business situation and needs to an expert, and Nolo then matches you with an experienced lawyer who will handle your case exclusively. This company excels at pairing businesses with local lawyers who specialize in their area of legal needs.
What’s more, Nolo has tons of online resources and educational tools, including an extensive library of legal articles that are all written in plain English with clear explanations of terms, processes, and legal requirements. You’ll receive a real education about what’s required of you without paying exorbitant lawyer fees.
- 48 years of legal authority
- 30,000 local attorneys in network
- Do-it-yourself legal filing
- Self-help services might be overwhelming for some
- Formation services are outsourced
- PriceStarting at $79
- Refund policy100% satisfaction guarantee
- Signup processChoose business structure and select your state
CorpNet was founded by small business advocates and entrepreneurs, so you might call them the legal service provider for the little guys. Over half a million SMBs started their businesses with CorpNet’s affordable and clear guidance. Whether you are looking to incorporate your business, form an LLC, or grow your current business, CorpNet can help you make that happen. With upfront pricing, friendly customer support, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee, CorpNet is clearly geared toward helping small business ownerslike you.
Some of the reasonably priced services available through CorpNet include forming an LLC, filing a DBA sole proprietorship, and registering with the appropriate state revenue departments. One of the best features CorpNet has to offer is its starting a business checklist. This will run you through everything you need to know about starting a business, obtaining a federal tax ID number, and beyond.
- Proactive BizAlerts software sends due date and filing alerts
- Easy, secure, mobile-accessible on-location file storage
- 24-hour document prep
- Not a legal or financial firm
- Refunds must be requested within 60 days